Just a few days after getting married Sage & Nathan flew out west and began hiking the Pacific Crest Trail. They only recently came by to see their wedding photos for the first time, which means I now get to share them with all of you. Their wedding was the first we photographed this year, and what a way to begin. It was everything we look for in a wedding – a beautiful location with details that fit the couple and their style; a fun group of family & friends; and most importantly a couple who is aware of what the day is really about, and who aren’t afraid to truly experience their emotions with a camera around.
Sage & Nathan went through their day with understanding and intention, which seems to me, from the few times I’ve had the pleasure of hanging out with them, is the same way they go through their daily lives. The ceremony was beautiful and emotional and the same can be said for each of the toasts given. Peter & I left feeling full of the joy that surrounded us that day. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect way to begin our 2015 season.
A few random things about Sage & Nathan’s day:
• The celebration happened at Smolak Farms, a place Nathan (and his best man) visited often growing up
• Sage wore boots under her dress – the best shoes for a farm wedding
• Sage hand dyed each of the girls dresses
• Nathan’s sister made the wedding cake, which was delicious!
• Sage knitted the cake toppers – each of their favorite vegetables
• They had pizza for dinner, catered by Posto Mobile
• Guinea Hens roam the farm, which is just fantastic
• They made jam as favors and the hot pepper oil for each of the tables
• The chuppah was made by Sage’s mom with her Grandfather’s tallis
• Lilacs! in the bouquets – beautifully arranged by The Flower Mill
Thank you, Sage & Nathan for having us. We’re so glad we were a part of your day.
Location & Event Planner: Smolak Farms | Dress: BHLDN | Groom's Suit: 9tailors | Invitations & Paper Goods: Eva Friesen | Florals: The Flower Mill | Caterer: Posto Mobile | Baker: Groom's Sister | Bridesmaids Dresses: BHLDN + dyed by Bride | Groomsmen: 9tailors | DJ: DJ Ultimate Sound